Case Research Centre
Universal AI University’s Case Research Centre
The Case Study method is one of the best pedagogy methods which is used by most of the academicians in the management programs to enhance the experience of learners regards to the business problems and its solutions. This pedagogy is also used by corporate trainers to present the situation of different businesses and its expected solution, as the case study method is highly valuable and impactful. However, writing a case study is a difficult task and it requires certain skills and knowledge. The Universal Case Research Centre (UCRC) has addressed this gap by collaborating with academicians and corporates.
Karjat provides a healthy environment away from noise and pollution and yet being very close to Mumbai, allows one to be inspired by the spirit of enterprise – ‘Best of both worlds’.
Objectives of Universal Case Research Centre:
- Developing, publishing and distribution high quality India & Asia focused business & management case studies to meet growing requirement in management education programs at universities/b-schools and management development programs / employee orientation programs at companies
- Train aspiring case study writers through series of “Case Method & Case Writing’ workshops and create a pool of high quality case writers and editors
- Developing a large repository of case studies and making it accessible to management educators, case teachers, corporate trainers, and industry professionals for their teaching/training needs
- Publish Case Research Journal ( Half yearly) from year 2021
- Conducting Case Conference once a year
- Conducting a Case Study Competition once a year
- Developing linkages with industries to carry out case research and writing problem based, field research based good “teaching cases” on diverse & emerging industry sectors
- Creating the opportunities for industry managers and academicians to convert business management & entrepreneurship challenges in to business case studies
- Collaborations with other renowned institutions & case centers to offer joint workshops on case writing and teaching through case method
- Encouraging University’s faculty to write & publish case studies & awarding best case of all cases written by inhouse faculty every year.
- Create a virtual community of case writers, management educators, industry managers, organization & institutions interested in development of business case studies
Experience Universal AI University!
Universal Case Research Centre will strengthen industry-academia collaboration and provide solutions to industry partners to overcome challenges/solve problems. Case Centre encourages the writing of cases in the following Areas:
- Business strategy, Turn-around
- Operations strategy, Operations Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Business process re-engineering
- Innovation and new product / new service development, business model
- Consumer behavior, Customer Experience Management, Sales & Marketing, Branding, Market Research, Marketing Strategy
- Accounting, Finance, Banking, Taxation, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Ethics, Business Law, Corporate Governance
- Organization culture, Human Resources Management, Motivation, Productivity, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Virtual Teams
- Business communication
- Digital enterprises, e-commerce, IT enabled industry sectors like fin-tech, food-tech, edu-tech, fashion-tech, industry 4.0
- Entrepreneurship, start-ups, Family Enterprises
- International Business
- Social enterprises
- Education & Teaching Management
- Psychology, Sociology
- Inter-disciplinary Case Studies
Alkis Thrassou holds a Ph.D. from the University of Leeds (UK) and is Professor at the University of Nicosia (Cyprus, EU). He is the managing, associate or guest editor of many prestigious journals and books, and published numerous works on Management/Strategic/Marketing. He is also a chartered member of CIM(UK), RICS(UK) and CIOB(UK) and a consultant to the industry.
Dr. Nimit Gupta is a seasoned academician with 18 years of diverse experience in teaching, research and consultancy. He is a Harvard Trained and Philip Kotler Certified marketing professional. He is a prolific case writer and advocate of case pedagogy. He is recipient of several scholastic performance awards including Best Case Award: Case Centre (USA), Best Case Writing Mentor- Katastasi, Excellence in Research Award: DIAS, MATES- Best Faculty Award, Salam Delhi Excellence in Education Award, ECONS Award for Outstanding Contribution in Higher Education, etc.
Prof. Tarundeep Anand is the Chancellor of Universal AI University. He is an entrepreneur with an MBA from SP Jain Institute of Management; Executive Education from Michigan B-School (USA); Tuck B-School (USA) & IE B-School (Spain). He is the Ex-MD, South Asia & Member Innovation Board, Thomson Reuters. He is a faculty of Innovation & Creativity, and Strategic Management.
Prof. Ketan Gandhi is the founder of KgGuruji Consulting services and comes with over 28 years industry experience having worked with companies like Suzlon where he was the business head handling revenues of Rs.1,500 Crores. Starting with a basic engineering degree, Mr Gandhi has done his Executive education program with Harvard and IIM Ahmedabad. He is a certified case writer and published cases in IIM’s and IVEY Business School.
Dr. Asha Bhatia is the Director, Research. She has 23 years of experience. She holds a Ph.D in management studies and has served as a strategist & policy maker in the social sector. She is a keen researcher and has published in several peer reviewed international journals of repute. She is the only professor selected from India to the 15-member board of the ENACTUS Global Faculty Research Network which is the largest platform for experiential learning in social entrepreneurship. She has won numerous awards for her contribution to social and economic development through education.
Dr. Meghna Chotaliya is the Head of Department of Accountancy at R .D. National College, Mumbai, India and has a teaching experience of 15 years at Undergraduate level and 12 years at Post Graduate level. She is a recognised Research Guide for M.Phil and Ph.D in Accountancy under the aegis of University of Mumbai. She is a Post graduate in Commerce and a Qualified Company secretary and Cost accountant also holding a postgraduate degree in law and PhD in Commerce and pursued her MBA from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. She has authored 3 text books for PG courses of university of Mumbai and over 20 research papers. She is on the Editorial Board of International Journals and reviewed various research articles.
Dr. Urvi Amin has been Associate Professor at Shri Jairambhai Patel Institute of Management (NICM) affiliated to GTU. She has a diversified combination of education and talent. She holds the Master degree in commerce – Management – Philosophy. She earned her Ph.D. from Gujarat University. She has an extensive experience of more than 15 years in management education and Research and published more than 40 research papers in the reputed National and International Journals.
Shwetha Kumari works at ICFAI Business School, Bangalore as Senior Research Associate. She is also pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy in Economics from CHRIST (Deemed to be University). She has written over 60 Case Studies. Her case studies feature dilemmas in Economics, Politics and Business Environment, Entrepreneurship, Ethics and Social Responsibility, Human Resource Management/ Organizational Behavior, Marketing and Strategy and General Management.