A PGDM in Business Management is one of the most promising courses given the diverse career prospects it holds. A PGDM is equivalent to an MBA program with more emphasis on practical aspects of business management. Candidates undergo rigorous training through methodologies like case studies, industrial visits, seminars, workshops and more. The course is offered in distinct specializations to equip you for the corporate world.
Through this blog, we shall identify career prospects after completion of PGDM in Business Management.
About PGDM in Business Management
A Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a 2-year master’s level program offered in varied disciplines. It is one of the safest degrees for candidates who want to advance their existing career or the one seeking a change of career profile. Any candidate regardless of being an experienced or a fresher can pursue this degree to develop a lucrative career.
Let us look at the major highlights of the program PGDM in business management offered by Universal AI University, Mumbai.
|Course Type||Post Graduation|
|Total Course Fees||Rs. 11.98 Lakh (Business Management)|
|Eligibility||Candidates need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised institution.
Accepted Entrance scores- CAT/GMAT/CMAT/CET
|Admission Procedure||Fill up the online application form by paying INR 1500.
Attach the required documents related to academic and work experience.
Appear for the board room interview followed by a personal interview.
Once you are selected you will need to accept the provisional offer letter.
|Salary Offered||Rs. 10 to 22 LPA.|
|Top Recruiters||Asian Paints, American Express, Deloitte, TCS, Adidas, Reliance Retail, E&Y, Marico, ITC, S&P Global.|
The 2-year course is designed with a mix of theoretical and practical applications. Let us look at the major subjects you shall witness with PGDM in International Business management.
|1st||Global macroeconomics; Financial Accounting; Dynamics of Marketing; Organisational Behaviour; Operations Management; Integrated Business Communication; Business Statistics; Corporate Finance; International Finance; Human Resource Management; Business Analytics; Strategic Management|
|2nd||You get to opt from multiple disciplines like- Marketing, Operations, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Business Analytics|
To give candidates hands-on experience, the following features are offered along with the course-
- 2-month summer internship
- Industry Consulting Projects
- Collaborative Multidisciplinary Approach towards problem-solving
- Experiential Learning:
- Data Science using SAS
- Introduction to R programming
- Python Programming
Top 5 career prospects after PGDM
The 2 year PGDM in business management exposes you to multiple dimensions of business management from finance to operations. This knowledge and exposure prepare you for diverse sets of industries. Let us look at the major 5 of them-
- Finance Management–
- The students encounter subjects like accounts, financial management, critical analysis of organisation, ratio analysis, advanced MS Excel, Corporate Finance and Banking and microfinance.
- Major career roles that students can seek in Big 4 companies like Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG and PWC are- Financial Analyst, Associate, Investment Banking Associate, Risk Manager, etc.
- Marketing Management-
- Subjects offered include Consumer Behaviour, Strategic Global Marketing, Digital Marketing Strategy, Applied Marketing Research, Marketing Analytics, Marketing of Financial Services and Brand Management.
- Job roles from such discipline include- Digital marketer, catalogue associate, social media marketer, and sales & marketing associate. The top companies hiring for such roles are- Asian Paints, Adidas, Marico, Flipkart, Myntra, Google, etc.
- Operations Management-
- The major subjects under the discipline are Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Global Logistics, Service for Operational Excellence, Digital Supply Chain, Total Quality Management, Green Operations, etc.
- Job roles from such disciplines include supply chain manager, logistics associate, plant manager, area operations manager, operations executive, etc. The top companies hiring for such roles are Mahindra Logistics, Airtel, Amazon, Honda, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL), etc.
- Human Resource Management
- The major subjects are Talent Acquisition and management; Strategic HRM; Leadership 360 Degree; Compensation and benefits; Employee Engagement and counselling; Organizational Development; HR Analytics; Emotional Intelligence; Organization Theory Structure and design; Policies and practices in HRM.
- Job roles include Human Resource manager, Labour relations manager, Recruitment Coordinator, Training and Development Manager, etc. It is one of the most versatile branches as every company requires HR managers for their specific departments.
- Business Analytics
- The discipline offers subjects like Business Process & Data Analysis and Social Media Analytics.
- The top roles include Data Analyst, AI analyst, generative content writer, etc. in companies like KPMG, Amazon, Reliance Retail, etc.
Tips on Advancing Career Options with PGDM
PGDM in international business scope upscale regardless of your educational background or experience with the corporate world. To stay relevant, you need to do more than clear semester-based exams. Here are a few tips, to ensure that you are the top-notch candidate in the upcoming placement season.
- Advanced courses and certifications– There are multiple courses or certifications you can enrol into during or after the PGDM program. For instance, learn data analytics through R Console for fractal analysis of large data sets. Such certifications can land you up into data analyst roles which have an average salary of 6.5LPA in India.
- Secure such opportunities online on major ed-tech portals like NPTEL, SWAYAM, LinkedIn, Coursera, etc.
- Attend workshops and conferences– Such opportunities are excellent ways to gain hands-on experience with advanced tools in business management. You get to meet entrepreneurs, industry experts, researchers, etc. which helps you in understanding the emerging trends in the industry.
- Short-term internships or Freelancing– You can seek part-time internships if the courses are ongoing or participate in internship opportunities given by Universal AI University. Internships are acknowledged by recruiters and recognised performances often lead to a full-time job.
The above opportunities give professionals a chance to develop networks. Such connections help them establish themselves after PGDM or even future advancement in their career. Candidates can seek recommendations from faculties or batchmates while seeking suitable employment.
A PGDM offers multiple specializations to students, thus enabling a diverse PGDM IB scope. Given that, Universal AI University is the first AI-enabled educational institution offering its students multidisciplinary skills to progress in the corporate world. PGDM gives job security and fulfils multiple interests in professional development. The average PGDM in international business salary stands at 11.98 LPA. The best part is that candidates can enrol on the course from any previous educational background.
- What is the job opportunities after PGDM course?
Job opportunities after the PGDM course include roles in marketing, finance, consulting, and entrepreneurship across various industries.
- Is PGDM good for career growth?
PGDM can be excellent for career growth, providing skills and knowledge for leadership roles.
- Does PGDM have value?
PGDM holds value in the job market due to its practical approach and industry relevance.
- Does PGDM have scope?
PGDM offers a broad scope, enabling graduates to pursue diverse career paths and adapt to changing industry demands.